Thursday, September 1, 2016

Smoky Trees

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   The last of the cards for my September Christmas card-making class also features a clean and simple design. And it features that mainstay Stampin' Up stamp set: "Lovely as a Tree." Whenever a new Stampin' Up catalog comes out, we demonstrators look to see whether or not this set has retired. I don't know what will happen should the set ever retire. It's actually still a bestseller! It's been around since at least 2003--that's when the first card using the set was posted to Splitcoaststampers.com.

For my card, I started by stamping the tall pine tree in Smoky Slate onto a Whisper White panel. I stamped a sentiment from the "Peaceful Pines" stamp set, also in Smoky Slate, next to the tree. I love how Smoky Slate is almost silver!

Next, I ran the panel through the Big Shot using the Softly Falling Embossing folder. I wrapped a length of 1/8" Smoky Slate Stitched Ribbon around the panel before adhering it to a Basic Gray mat. Finally, I adhered this assembly to the Smoky Slate card base, cut lengthwise, with Stampin' Dimensionals.

This card is quick and easy, but still packs quite an impression!
COMING SOON! Do you wish you could come to one of my Christmas card-making classes but live too far away? Well, soon I'll be posting details on FOUR ways you can attend virtually! I still have a few technical details to work out in the background, but watch this space for exciting news in about a week!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment