Tuesday, September 5, 2017

A Happy Accident

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Way back in the 80's I used to love a show called "The A Team." One of the tag lines for the show was when the team leader would say, "I love it when a plan comes together." Because I do love it when a plan comes together. But sometimes it's more fun when your plan turns out even better than you had planned!

  Image result for the a team

Today's card was a relatively straight-forward card, one that was inspired by another I saw on Pinterest. When I was done, I liked it all right. It turned out according to plan. When I took it over to my photography station (read: the dresser covered with bulletin board paper, lit with the $5 Target light, and "photographed" with my iPhone), I took another look. I thought the card needed some sparkle, so I pulled open my embellishment drawer and pulled out a package of Glimmer Enamel Dots and trailing behind was a 1/8 of a piece of a Delicate White Doily--it just floated to the ground. And as it was floating, I got an a-ha moment and knew that doily needed to be part of the card--even if it hadn't been part of the plan. I love it when a happy accident comes together!
So let's talk about how to make this card. I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Whisper White Card Stock. I stamped the fleur de lis image from the "Timeless Textures" set in Powder Pink three times. Then I stamped the coffee stain image in Berry Burst three times. Finally, I added some Fresh Fig sprinkles around the design.  

I adhered the stamped piece to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Fresh Fig mat and tied on two lengths of Fresh Fig 1/8" Sheer Ribbon. I adhered this to a Berry Burst Card Stock card base.

I stamped the sentiment and frame from "Rose Wonder" in Fresh Fig onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with the coordinating Rose Garden Framelit. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

And I thought I was done. That was the plan.

But as I mentioned, on second thought, I added three Berry Burst Glitter Enamel dots, in different shades and sizes. And that piece of Whisper White Doily that floated out and called to be used. And it was right!!

It's all about the details! Happy stampin'!











 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment