Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Enjoyable Bear

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ublueunwind   I have one more adorable card using the "Pieces & Patterns" stamp set that we made at Lydia Fiedler's Unwind Retreat in November. I actually discovered the card (and several others) as I did a little new year's cleaning in my stamping room. It's time to put away the retiring product and get out the new product and do a little organizing so I'm ready to start the new (stamping) year off right! I'm not quite finished--I'm never actually finished; it's always a work in progress. But I've brought a little order to the disorder. I like to create in an organized environment. I can't create when there's a mess. When I'm finished creating, there's always a mess--the crafter-math. But I can't start off in a mess. I even alphabetized my stamp sets--and turned down the sets I haven't used yet, so I remember to use them and put them on the blog. It's a little OCD, but I'm going to give this idea a whirl and see how I like it.


Lydia taught us a technique with this card--but I didn't pay attention and I did it wrong. So my card is just a really cute card, sans special technique.  I stamped the starburst from the "Lovely Inside and Out" stamp set in Flirty Flamingo randomly onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel. I adhered this to a 3-3/4" by 5-1/8" Lemon Lime Twist mat. 

Next, I stamped the adorable bear and a sentiment from the "Pieces & Patterns" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a square of Whisper White that Lydia had pre-cut with one of the square Stitched Shapes Framelits. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and then tied on a length of Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon. I adhered this to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.
I had totally overlooked the "Pieces & Patterns" stamp set in the annual catalog, but Lydia brought out its potential and now I'm in love with it!!

 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment