Wednesday, February 14, 2018

A Lavender Birthday

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   When I first started stamping, Stampin' Up offered lots and lots of two-step stamp sets. These sets have an outline stamp and a filler stamp. I like using them because, as I may have mentioned, I don't like to color. I'm glad Stampin' Up has continued to offer two- and sometimes three-step stamps. They're great for beginner stampers--and great for those of us who have been stamping since the dawn of time.

The "Lots of Lavender" set is one you can earn for FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale-A-Bration. (Ask me how!) It's a beautiful line art (outline) stamp on its own, but when you use the filler pieces you create a wonderful work of art.
I started by stamping the lavender outline stamp in Basic Gray Archival Ink onto a 2-1/4" by 4" piece of Whisper White Card Stock. I filled in the lavender with Fresh Fig Ink, stamped off once. The leaves and stems are filled in with Pear Pizzazz Ink and the bow is Powder Pink. Easy-peasy and so pretty! I adhered this to a 2-3/8" by 4-1/8" Basic Black Card Stock mat.

Next, I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel with the Layered Leaves Textured Embossing Folder and adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black mat. I tied on a length of Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon before adhering this to a Crumb Cake Card Stock card base.

To finish the card, I stamped "happy birthday" from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap. I cut this out with the small oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits. I adhered the lavender element and the sentiment to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Come back tomorrow for another version of this card--using the same focal element. It's super gorgeous, too (if I do say so myself--and I do!)








 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment