Thursday, March 1, 2018

Springtime Scene

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I like to attend stamping events that other stampers host. I learn some new techniques and get to play with products I don't own myself. That certainly was true when I attended my team member, Darlene's, workshop last weekend. I'm going to save the awesome technique I learned for another time, but I'm thrilled to be sharing this card that we made with some great products that I don't have.
This card is made with the "Petal Palette" stamp set and coordinating Petals and More Thinlits Dies. We stamped three of the flowers in Perfect Plum Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. We stamped the bird in Basic Gray Archival Ink. We colored the bird and the centers of the flowers with a Daffodil Delight Watercolor Pencil. We used the Petals and More Thinlits to cut out these elements. We also cut out a Garden Green Card Stock spray of leaves with another of the Petals and More Thinlits.

We stamped the leaf image from the "Petal Palette" stamp set in Pear Pizzazz Ink several times onto a 5" by 1-3/4" strip of Whisper White Card Stock. We embossed a 2" by 5" strip of Pear Pizzazz Card Stock with the vine folder from the Petal Pair Embossing Folders Set. 

I waited until I got home to assemble my card because I was too busy socializing with my friends. I switched up Darlene's design just a little bit. I added my leaf and vine strips to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Perfect Plum Card Stock mat and then wrapped a length of 1/4" Whisper White Organza Ribbon around before adhering everything to a Whisper White Card Stock card base.

I finished the card by using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere the die-cut leaf spray to the card and Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the die-cut flowers and bird. This is a great springtime scene that would be perfect to brighten someone's day!









 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment