Friday, April 6, 2018

Birthday Soiree

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I've been in a birthday card making mood this week. Stampin' Up has so many great stamp sets that help us celebrate the birthdays of the ones we love. This card is inspired by yesterday's card and by a card that Dena Rekow featured using the "Cake Soiree" stamp set in a way that I never even imagined! Dena's card is beautiful in its simplicity and I had to try one of my own!
I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel.  I stamped the large and small flowers from the "Cake Soiree" stamp set in Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, and Bermuda Bay along the left side. I added some flower and leaf elements in Basic Black Archival Ink and a few leaves in Lemon Lime Twist Ink. Then I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black Card Stock mat and then onto a Bermuda Bay Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "Picture Perfect Birthday" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White piece and cut it out with an oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits. I cut a scalloped oval from a piece of Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper using one of the Layering Ovals Framelits.

Here's my PRO TIP for working with Glimmer Paper: Use Stampin' Dimensionals! I adhered the glimmer paper directly to the card--that sticks just fine. Then I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment piece to the glimmer paper--and that sticks great, too.

Dena's card was awesome and I'm glad to have her as an inspiration for today's card. Have a great weekend!








 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment